Monday, November 18, 2013

Hanging Door Monogram

Rather than put a wreath up at our side door this year, I wanted to try a monogram piece.  Luckily this piece was beyond easy to put together. 


All you need it a wooden monogram letter (I got this one from Michaels), some pearl beads, glue gun, and about 2 ft of ribbon.  


Since our party is this coming weekend, I wanted to finish it quickly, so I didn't take any pictures of actually gluing the beads onto the letter.  I ended up putting a set of beads around the perimeter of the letter and then filling it in.  At Michaels they have these small tubs of various sized beads and I used the medium and small beads to fill in the space as efficiently as possible. 


Once I let it set and cool for about 30 minutes.  I looped some grey ribbon over the top of the monogram and presto: one hanging door monogram!


Hope you enjoy this post and try it out at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment