Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chandelier Piece Ornaments

Once of the perks of living in the south is access to antique stores!  There is a great set of stores about an our from our house and they usually have some great Christmas odds and ends, but what I always check out every time I go, is the lighting section.  They have a plethora of orphan chandelier pieces that I was determined to collect and turn into ornaments.  Here are the pieces I came home with on my last trip there and how easy it was to string them on some satin ribbon and create a whole set of nice sparkling ornaments.


For the crystal chains, I just took a pair of jewelry pliers unwound and cut every other ring to give each pieces a hook to string the ribbon through.



I washed the pieces in a mixture of warm water and mild dish soap.  Rinse and dry them thoroughly and then cut out a 4-6 in satin ribbon section for each piece.  To keep the ribbon from getting damaged or snagged every year on the real tree, I plan on putting the ribbons on hooks, rather than on the branches themselves.   I tied the bows on the flat sections of the wires, rather than the remaining loops so I can use extra hooks to actually hang them from the tree!







I'll post an updated picture with the other ornaments actually on our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment