Saturday, August 3, 2013

Oh No!

Hi Folks,

No $5 Friday post yesterday, sorry!  We had a bit (sarcastic) of an issue with my family's local rental property so needless to say we have been putting in some hours there.  Despite the initial frustration and shock of how the previous tenants left the property, I thought I would turn it into an opportunity to post tutorials for the blog.  The items we are working on are: trash removal (wait to see the pictures below...the whole house was like this), filling nail holes (as well as holes that appear the size of fists, lovingly punched on purpose), repainting the entire house and also refinishing two bathroom vanities with a few coats of paint.  I posted the before pictures below just to give you an idea of how awful of a mess we are dealing with and hopefully this week I'll have some new posts for you.     The catch is we have to have everything finished in the next 5 days so the new tenants can move in...so posts may be sparse until the end of the week.

I'll spare you a post on the quick (two hour) way to remove an enormous amount of trash filling an entire townhouse but will share that both my husband and I used odor valved respirators, chemical gloves and a box of 100 trash bags to get the job done.  Big thanks to the two nice guys who hauled it away for us once it was all bagged, they were awesome!



Just a little taste of what we're dealing with!



Please bear with me as we sort out the mess at the rental property and I'll try to update you as we finish projects!





No comments:

Post a Comment