Monday, July 29, 2013

Pared Down Make Up Products

Much like my overstuffed closet, I had a sizable collection of beauty products and make up that needed to be drastically pared down.  I went from having enough products to take up several medicine cabinets down to just enough to fit in a shoe-box sized container.  I have tried to use PETA friendly products and though the skincare page unfortunately includes two products not on the "good" list, this post has only one listed.

As for makeup there are a few essentials: BB cream, concealer, blush, mascara, powder, one day time lip gloss and one or two fun lipsticks.  I don't have the patience or the time for anything more complicated than what is below and the only things I can be relied upon to wear daily is BB cream and lip gloss.  The other products are for the mornings I have time/energy or someplace more festive to be than the office or grocery store.   I don't tend to wear much eyeshadow because I wear contacts and have sensitive skin, so I don't have suggestions for any here.  Sorry Too Faced, but your eyeshadow in the palette below caused an allergic reaction around my eyes.  Despite the nice colors, red puffy eyes and faces are not trending right now.

 Tarte BB Cream and Pressed Powder



Benefit Erase Paste
* not PETA approved

Blush and Lip Gloss (lower tray) from Too Faced To-Go Palette



Tarte Mascara


Tarte Lipstick in Foxy (Bright Pink) and Wild (Red)
note: NOT FOR WORK, EVER




This routine has been pretty simple and no fuss for a while now and I actually feel better when I use just the basics every day.  Putting your best (easiest) face forward is a great way to start the day!  The products have worked for my coloring and my daily routine, so find the colors and products that work well for you.    But try to keep it simple and easy!

* None of the companies listed above are sponsors, I'm just sharing what products I use! *






No comments:

Post a Comment