Saturday, July 27, 2013

Skincare Regimens - What's Essential

Much like my overstuffed closet, I had a sizable collection of skincare products that needed to be drastically pared down.  I went from having enough products to take up several medicine cabinets down to just the basics.  I have tried to use PETA friendly products and though the make up page unfortunately includes one product not on the approved list, this post has two listed as well.  When I am able to find a suitable cruelty free replacement, I'll update the post accordingly.  The one item I have not included here is an eye cream. I have sensitive skin and wear contacts so finding the right product is still a challenge.

If you aren't sure of a good place to start and can't get into see a dermatologist, I highly recommend Dr. Baumann's The Skin Type Solution.  It will help you determine which skincare type you have and also offers recommendations at various prices points for the products you need.   You don't have to buy all the products she recommends but it can help you find suitable equivalents.

All you need is a cleanser, a toner, a good sunscreen, a moisturizer and if applicable a spot blemish treatment.

Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Cleanser


Murad Essential C Toner
 

Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen
* not PETA approved
* put on prior to moisturizing cream 

 

 
Alba Jasmine and Vitamin E Moisturizing Cream

Proactiv Refining Mask
* not PETA approved
* for pesky imperfections




This routine has been pretty simple and no fuss for a while now and I can say that I am quite please with it  The products worked for my specific skin type, my daily routine and is easy to take on the go with travel containers since there are so few of them.  I would encourage you to go out, find your essential products and stick with what works! Just keep it simple and easy!

* None of the companies listed above are sponsors, I'm just sharing what products I use! *






No comments:

Post a Comment