Monday, December 16, 2013

Homemade Chili Mix

This recipe to accompany my Vegan chili recipe.

When it gets cold outside and I need to decide what bulk recipe to whip up for that weeks lunch or dinner.  I often chose a variation on a chili dish.  What I noticed is that the chili mixes are only a few teaspoons and that I can probably mix up some in bulk on my own at home for much cheaper.  

Below is my recipe for chili mix, hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
12 tbsp of chili powder
4 tbsp onion powder
4 tbsp garlic powder
2 tbsp oregano
4 tbsp red pepper powder
4 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp pepper



I just layered the ingredients in one at a time into a ball jar, sealed it, and shook it up.   Now I have a bulk supply of the mix in a nice air-tight container.  Feel free to scale back based on your taste, this recipe is for a hot chili mix.

This could be a very nice gift for a foodie/chef for the holidays or on other special occasional.  Just tie a ribbon around the jar and make a custom label and you have a great personalized homemade gift!


No comments:

Post a Comment