Friday, April 11, 2014

Homemade Red Rooibos Hazelnut Tea Latte

SBs came out with a Red Rooibos Vanilla Latte several years ago and I happen to love it.  It's a nice change up from ordering coffee every morning.  However; there are some days I would rather not want to have to leave the house for a cup of this delicious tea or perhaps my SBs card needs a break, so I make these at home.  You don't have to use hazelnut syrup, you can use vanilla, but I thought the hazelnut turned out just as nice!

You will use almost the same recipe as the Chai Latte, except you don't have to put in the creamer in unless you absolutely have to have it.  So put a mix of 4 parts soy milk/creamer and one part water into the microwave safe mug and zap it for about 2 minutes in the microwave.  Steep two bags of red rooibos tea for several minutes.   Once the tea is done steeping, wring out the bags properly and add 1-2 tsp of hazelnut flavored syrup (I used Torani) and mix with milk frother!

Again this is another SBs hack but sometimes it's just nice to know you can make these at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment